Being Overweight is a Problem
With overweight and obesity approaching epidemic levels worlwide, healthy weight management has become the nations top health priority.
In the United States alone, more than 2 out of 3 adults (68%) over the age of 20 are either overweight or obese, including 64% of women and 72% of men.1
Sadly, 1 out of 5 children ages 2-19 (20%) are obese. Most obese adolescents carry their weight issues into adulthood, suggesting a new generation of overweight and obese adults.2
Many of socienty's most prevalent health concrns point directly to overweight and obesity as significant factors, including:
- Cardiovascular Issues
- Liver Function Imbalance
- Blood Sugar Imbalance
- Joint Issues and Mobility
Proper Weight Management is the Solution
Shedding just 5 -10% of your beginning body weight can make a huge difference in the way you look and feel. As you continue on your weight loss journey, your clothes will fit better and you'll feel more energy, stamina, and vitality. Just as importantly, you'll begin to enjoy health benefits such as:
- Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- Healthy Blood Pressure Levels
- Blood Sugar Balance
- Promotion of Restful Sleep
Take Charge of Your Health
You probably would not be reading this right now if you didn't feel as if you had a weight problem. Let's be honest. Your weight isn't going to change unless you do something different. by different, we don't mean going on another yo-yo diet. There is a reason most diets fail - they focus only on short-term loss of pounds, not long-term healthy weight.
Instead, you can achieve lifelong results if you make a solid commitment to reaching and maintaining a healthy weight. The commitment is often the hardest part, but once you've made this important decision to take charge of your life and health, you'll be well on your way to a better quality of life.
Take the 30 Day Challenge
You've heard the term, "Its a marathon, not a sprint." You have to go at your own pace. You may need to lose 100 pounds or more and that may feel overwhelming to you. Take smaller steps... 30 days. Promise and commit to focusing on your health for 30 days at a time. When that 30 days is up, make a new promise and commitment. Before you know it, your healthy ways will become your new lifestyle. Putting pressure on yourself only adds more stress and stress hinders the weight loss process.
Our Slender FXTM Weight Management System and Healthy Body Transformation Kit are a great way to jump start your 30 Day Challenge:
These systems include:
- SLENDER FX Sweet Eze - contains chromium, vanadium, cinnamon bark and other supportive herbs. It is formulated to nutritionally support healthy blood sugar levels.*
- SLENDER FX Food Fiber - Studies show that most adults are not getting enough soluble fiber in their daily diets. Soluble fiber helps maintain healthy weight, balanced blood sugar levels and healthy digestion.* When added to most foods, this amazing product has virtually no taste, but can actually accentuate the flavor of your favorite foods. Add to your hot cereals, soups, salads, meat or pasta dishes, through out your day.
- SLENDER FX Meal Replacement Shake - developed to reduce the amount of calories you consume while providing the nutrition your body needs to function optimally.* Simply replace one meal. It's a simple way to assit in portion control. Contains 35% of the RDI of most essential vitamins and major minerals, while also providing 15g of protein.
- SLENDER FX Cleanse FX - A proprietary blend of gentle cleansing herbs that is an integral part of the Slender FX Weight Management System. Many health professionals believe optimal health begins with the digestive system. Cleanse FX helps cleanse and purify the body by supporting detoxification of the digestive system. Helps your body cleanse and renew itself as you wind down from your busy day.*
- Body Trim On-the-Go - Boosts Energy, Promotes Healthy Cholesterol Levels, Promotes Healthy Blood Sugar Levels, Promotes a Healthy Cardiovascular System, and Promotes a Healthy Immune System. As part of a sensible diet and exercise plan, Body Trim helps support and promote healthy weight loss and the optimal benefit of better health. (Body Transformation Kit only)
Tips for Helathy Weight Management
Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is like balancing your checkbook or bank account. To lose weight, consume fewer calories and increase your activity level. To gain weight, consume more calories and exercise less.
- Know what you're eating. Keep a food diary to help make you aware of what you are eating. Write down, not only meals (including beverages), but snacks too. Being informed will empower you to make intelligent choices.
- In with the good, out with the bad. You don't have to give up great food to achieve a healthy weight. Just be sure to eat in moderation and avoid unhealthy choices such as foods that are heavily processed or high in fat and sugar (such as potato chips, sugary snacks, fried foods, and soft drinks). You'll be pleasantly surprised at the results you can achieve just from eating healthier.
- Eat a rainbow of colors. Make a decision to eliminate over-processed, high-fat, high-sugar foods and replace them with fresh, colorful, non-processed foods. In addition to being lower in calories, fresh foods are loaded with nutrients that deliver greater energy, clearer skin, and other great health benefits!
- Drink to your health. A large systemic review of 88 scientific studies revealed clear associations between soft drinks and weight gain. Switching from "regular" to "diet" sodas doesn't help - emerging research suggests that drinking any sugary-tasting beverages develops our taste for sweet (i.e. high-calorie) foods in general. replace soft drinks, lattes, and other calorie-laden drinks with spring water or other healthier choices.3
- Get moving. Put on foot in front of the other and just start walking! Just 10 - 15 minutes of moderate activity is a great start! Take a stroll, ride a bike, walk the dog, or take a yoga class. You don't have to become a start athlete - numerous studies have shown that non-vigorous exercise, such as a brisk walk, can provide health benefits comparable to those of more vigorous activities like running. Resistance exercises such as gentle weight lifting are good too - they help strengthen bonea nd build healthy muscle.
- Meal replacement shakes and supplements for targeted nutrition. Making sure you are getting the right macro- and micronutrients is essential for successfull weight management. A high quality protein shake can provide a wide spectrum of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to support energy levels throughout the day while containing few calories. High quality supplements can provide targeted nutrition in concentrated amounts not available through food alone. Dietary fiber and certain herbs support health by helping the body detoxify and rid itself of waste that it no longer needs.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Overweight and obesity.
2 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Childhood overweight and obesity
3 Vartanian LR, Schwartz MB, Brownell KD. Effects of soft drink consumption on nutrition and health; a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Public Health. 97(4):2007